Sunday, September 27, 2009

Loving in spite of . . .

So . . part of me wonders why I give a fuck . . why I care . . And I realize I am nothing but a product of my environment . . . the nurturing spirit of my grandmother and my aunts have permeated my soul in a way . . that conditions me to accept apoligies . .. to accept people where they are . . to accept substandard behavior . . wow.  What a mess that can get me into and HAS gotten me into. .

I used to say "oh its the sociologist in me . . to study the WHY people do the things they do?"  but in the last year or so  . . . I cant even utilize science or the study of to explain this type of behavior.

The best, said facetiously, part of this . . . is that I have cloaked it in the safe armor of love.  When you love someone you accept them as they are . . you work with them . . . you love over, under, through, and WITH them . . . but Love?  LOVE???  really .  . .

I think God said it best . . .


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 1 Corinthians 13:4


I am working on getting to that place . . . every time, I think I am there . . my ego . . my pride . . jumps OUT and attacks . . . because this shit hurts.

As I meditate on the change in my life . . . the addition to my life . . it is NOT a situation that I have to work through  . . it is not a situation that I have to explain to anyone . .. even though I may FEEL like it is.  To call it a situation implies that it is something that "happened" to me and I had no hand . . no choice in the matter.  In fact, I did . . I did choose this way because anything else would have been to deny me and deny my God ordained pathway.  However, God did not say it would not be hard.  He did not say that it will be all good.  In fact, going into this . . I knew  . . I knew there would be the devil working overtime to make this choice a difficult one.

In spite of ALL that . . i am choosing to love . . I am choosing to forgive . . myself . . and my transgressors.

I don't have any other recourse other than to move forward . . there is something greater than myself that deserves the attention . . .

And best . . I will continue to love in spite of . . I will love you through this . . I will.  Even though no one else will . . .

No comments: